Eclipse is a single person IT consulting company serving the
financial services industry. We have extensive
experience working with broker/dealers, commercial banks, investment
banks, and insurance companies.
Eclipse specializes in complex mid- and
back-office financial applications, including:
- Trade processing.
- Clearance and settlement.
- Trade date and settlement date ledger and stock record.
- Profit & loss calculation.
This is an area of particular expertise; see Inventory and Trading P&L.
- Accrued interest and coupon payments (see Coupon Interest and Day Count Conventions).
- Loan processing.
- Market risk management, particularly interest rate risk.
This website has been built as a reference for those designing and implementing securities-based applications for the financial industry.
A guide to the site can be found at the page Site Information. The functional components are discussed under the Architecture Road Map. A Learning Guide is also provided for those interested in a greater understanding and approaches to implementation.
We welcome questions, comments, and suggestions: e-mail can be sent to Inquiries@eclipsesoftware.biz, or you can contact us directly.
Financial firms we've worked with include:
- MetLife Investments and Corporate Risk Management
- Jefferies and Company
- UBS Fixed Income Prime Brokerage
- J P Morgan Chase
- Societe Generale and SG Cowen
- J P Morgan
- NatWest Markets
Eclipse specializes in mid- and back-office functions
associated with a wide variety of business processes. Services we provide include:
- Project assessment.
- Functional analysis and requirements definition.
- Data and process modeling.
- Definition of the application software architecture.
- Data analysis and logical database design.
- Physical database design.
- Software development.
- Application testing strategies: unit, integration, and user acceptance.
- Software validation.
- Staff training.
Through our work in the finance industry we have developed these areas of expertise.
- U.S. Treasury and Agency issues.
- Corporate bonds.
- Global debt and equity instruments.
- Financial options and futures.
- Retail and commercial mortgage-backed securities.
- Asset-backed securities.
- Collateralized mortgage obligations.
- Swaps (FX and interest-rate) and swaptions.
- Caps and floors.
- Short-term notes (bid notes).
- Medium-term loans.
- Firm and customer trades, with complete figuration.
- Repurchase agreements.
- Commercial loans.
- Corrections and cancellations.
- Repricings and rate changes.
- Syndications and participations.
- Pair-offs and roll-overs.
- Loans and sold funds.
- Coupon payments.
- Redemptions and conversions.
- Assignments and expirations.
- Full and partial settlement.
- Trade entry.
- Maintaining trade date and settlement date inventory.
- Full stock record.
- Profit and loss calculation: realized, unrealized, amortization / accretion.
- Bond interest accrual.
- Funding income and expense.
- Risk management, particularly market risk.
- Calculation of trade and position analytics.
- Database: logical design, physical design, stored procedures. This is at the core of what Eclipse offers.
- Application design.
- Procedural programming.
- Report design and development.
- Job scripting and control.
- Software development methodologies.
Eclipse Software, Inc.
2 Daniel Drive
Hillsborough, New Jersey 08844-3012
Last updated: August 18, 2013.
Copyright 2005-2013, Eclipse Software, Inc (ESI). E-mail: WebSite@eclipsesoftware.biz.